In support of our Town's principles, values, vision and mission, it is the mission of personnel to support the total operation in meeting its goals through its most valuable resource—its PEOPLE.
It is our mission to:
- Develop an attitude of teamwork and quality in our day-to-day operations.
- Create an atmosphere that fosters challenges, fun, safety and cleanliness.
- Respect team member values that may be different from our own
- Accept responsibility for promoting ethical and legal conduct in a personal and business practices
- Communicate in a candid and fair manner with the diverse workforce from whom our Town derives its strength
Principal Functions, but not limited to:
- Ensure a safe and discrimination free environment;
- Update and administer employee benefits programs;
- Personnel policy development and administration;
- Job classification, compensation, and labor market research;
- Employee/labor relations and contract administration;
- Maintenance of personnel records;
- Management of Worker's Compensation and Injured on Duty (IOD);
- Ensure adherence to local and federal employment laws and mandates;
- Manage the enrollment process for employee fringe benefits;
- Administration of COBRA continuation coverage;
- Participate in budget development
The Town of East Greenwich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Town is committed to the principal of equal opportunity and prohibits the discrimination against applicants and/or employees in regard to age, religion, creed, race, color, country or ancestral origin, political belief, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status under applicable federal or state law.