Licensing and Permits
Several permits and licenses are issued from the Town Clerk's office. This list is limited to Pets, Parking and Business and/or Liquor licenses. Information pertaining to Permits related to construction and buildings are available on the Building Permits & Information page.
Per Rhode Island State Law all dogs over the age of 6 months are required to be licensed. Dog licenses are renewed annually in the month of April. The license is good from May 1 until April 30.
The cost is $8 per license and there is a maximum of 3 dogs per household.
In order to license the dog a current rabies certificate must be presented along with the application. The town sponsors a rabies clinic during the month of April and dogs can be licensed at that time. Watch the local paper for the date. If applying by mail please include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Residential overnight parking permits are available in the Town Clerk's office. These permits allow a vehicle to be parked in specific areas downtown from the hours of 1 a.m. to 7 a.m. The permits are renewable annually by May 1.
Proof of East Greenwich residency and a current vehicle registration must be presented with the application form (see below). The cost is $25 each.
When opening a business in the town of East Greenwich there are various licenses that you may need. If you have any questions regarding business licenses please contact the Town Clerk's office at 401-886-8606.
View the license worksheet detailed instructions, map, and appliaction below.
- Raffle Permit Application (PDF)
- Business, Liquor and Other Items License Worksheet (PDF)
- Residential Overnight Parking Map (PDF)
- Trade Name Certificate Application (PDF)
- Dog License Application (PDF)
- Residential Overnight Parking Instructions (PDF)
- Residential Overnight Parking Permit Application 2017-2018 (PDF)
- Private Detective Application (PDF)
- Boston Post Cane Form (PDF)