I RECEIVED MY MAIL BALLOT! NOW WHAT?
The Secretary of State’s office will issue Mail Ballots beginning on October 5th to those voters who have already applied to vote using this method. Ballots will continue to be mailed out through the month of October. The deadline to apply for a mail ballot is October 13th. APPLY FOR A MAIL BALLOT.
Voters have a choice on how to return their mail ballot:
- Mail In using United States Postal Service – All mail ballots must be received by the State Board of Elections at 2000 Plainfield Pike, Cranston, RI on November 3rd by 8:00PM. If you cannot mail the ballot back in time, either hand deliver or use a drop box.
- Hand deliver to the State Board of Elections located at 2000 Plainfield Pike, Cranston
- Drop Box Options:
- STATE-WIDE Official Mail Ballot Drop Box
- LOCAL Official Mail Ballot Drop Box
- East Greenwich Police Station, 176 First Avenue
DRIVE THRU SERVICE available 24/7
- ANY polling location state-wide on ELECTION DAY
Ballots will NOT be accepted at the Town Hall or Town Clerk’s office.
Voters are encouraged to complete the mail ballot process once they have applied. Any voter wishing to vote in person either early or on Election Day who has already applied for a mail ballot will be required to vote a Provisional Ballot.
All mail ballots are collected by official election agents approved by the State Board of Elections and collectively processed by the State.
Please contact Elaine Vespia, Canvassing Clerk, (401) 886-8603 with questions.